Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stupid Gurl

I don't know what came over me and I end up screwing my puter of 6 weeks! Can you believe that?! Didn't even take me 6 months but 6 weeks to f**k things up.

Okay the story goes, I was in bed watching Criminal Minds and having a sip. And decided to play around my puter and thought that maybe I should do some dusting here and there...by dusting I mean doing a disc cleanup, running the registry and the antivirus programs. And before you know it, I began clicking stuff which I should have just left by their lonesome. But NO! I've decided to take that risk and click that small tiny button. Yay! Who's crying now, eh??? Huh?!

To be honest I am not a puter program savvy, nor am I the bios type. I am just one who likes to surf, cut and paste, write in and out, click here and there type of girl. So, when all my icons on my desktop disappeared before my eyes, I started panicking! Help! And I rebooted! Smart eh..yeah, so smart I lost all my documents and pictures...NICE...

I tried tweaking here and there and when I finally started getting a headache I knew it was time to stop and accept the fact that it's gone. All is gone. Some smart risk taker. Tsk tsk.

But hey, there's always a solution to every problem right? Granting you know where to look and you know what the hell you are looking for.

And then again, I don't cry over spilt milk. Much more over some lost files...specially if I am the one to blame! Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be surprised if your files are permanently gone. Try this: Go to start-run-search. Search the entire C drive using *.doc to look for word documents, then try *.jpg to look for your pictures, etc. I think they just got moved somewhere that isn't obvious. Use the '*'. It's a wildcard and will look for every .jpg, .doc and .xls you query.

Oh, and if your computer came pre-loaded with Norton *anything* get rid of it when the trial offer ends. Norton will totally slow down your computer. Remove it, then google for the "norton removal tool' and run that. For antivirus I recommend AVG (it's free), and the Windows Defender and Firewall. Thank me later.

rein said...

sorry james but i ended up reformatting the whole thing and start over...bummer..