Saturday, May 3, 2008

Only When I Cry


I draw a puzzle in my mind
and wonder
if my life has changed since the last time.

I step back and look
How my dreams unfold
how I succeeded in some
and how I failed in others.

The minute details of my existence
As I grieve of what I lost
and how I rejoice of what I found.

The aches of life,
of love,
and of sacrifices each day
reminds me I am still a child
wanting, needing..
a warm embrace, a hug.

As I listen to the sentiments
of my soul
and pour my heart
until it aches no more.

I hold on
I hope
and I know
things will get better...

until the next time I cry.

1 comment:

nj... said...

hi!...no claim to any past acquaintance or the likes of that excuse...

i'm just here as conspired by 'serendipity'! i have a funny habit, to google strange strings of words ending 'blog'...on days when i'm not upto reading a whole book/novel, just to find myself some interesting thing to browse...

stumbled upon your link hence, when i googled the words 'want to write only to write blogs' ...

the verse was a read worth more than one repeat! neat work!...you wouldn't mind if i 'followed' this blog space? let me know!

cheers,

nj