Friday, April 11, 2008

One of life's miracles

It was a happy day today at the daycare. Somebody is pregnant! Delia is finally having a baby! Woohooo!!
Everybody got into a rather "cheerier" mood (being friday, it's always a happy day), learning of this miracle that has happened to one of "us". Everybody was excited except for Delia, who always tells us she doesn't want to have kids. (The kids she handles is already enough). But how could you not want one of your own? Specially when you are given one. She tells me she is not ready. But who is ever really ready for motherhood? It is a privilege given not to everybody - so it seems. Some days I think I will never be one. (But never say never).
When I was young I never really wanted to have kids. Kids are expensive. But the joy you get is priceless. I guess that's why they invented mastercard and visa.
I learned that when my nephew came into our lives. He was an everyday source of hope, joy and love. You feel a little down, you just have to look at him and you know, things will be alright.
And at the daycare, you know you don't get paid the way you're supposed to, you get frustrated over ingredients, but then again, you hear the kids laugh, sing, gives you a hug once in awhile, and some recent bonus - some of them calling you "tita reina", just melts your heart over and over.
Kids are kids.
I wonder sometimes if I was a joy to adults when I was a kid. Do you ever think that? Do you ever wonder if you brought smiles to adult faces when they see you.
Oh kids are kids...and then they grow up. Fast. And then you hardly know them and they don't remember you.
But I sure hope they do.

1 comment:

Mai Dee said...

Everything in this world is a miracle... Especially you.... I love you.... lola rein... heheheh... joking... anyway kids are fun to be with, they dnt have problems.Their smile and kissess makes you smile.